Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Using My Talents for Good

I feel that I have been blessed with many talents, and that I have an obligation to use them to help people and to make the world a better place. So when I heard that my friend's ward (church congregation) was collecting hats for the local children's oncology ward, I knew I wanted to participate. In addition to what I would otherwise have donated, I have pledged to make and donate one hat for every item sold in my Etsy shop between now and the end of February. This project is special to me because a few years ago, I began a tradition of donating hats to children with cancer, in honor of my son who passed away from SIDS at 4 months. I have donated 4 hats (two to a charity and two to specific children). My goal is to donate another 4 hats to this specific drive, as well as any additional hats made in conjunction with sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment