Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Recipe: Edible Play Dough

We have never purchased Play Dough for our kids. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff, and I think it's super fun to make things. But then the colors get mixed, or it drops on the ground and picks up hair and lint, or (heaven forbid) your child decides to eat some. So when we needed to bring some to my daughter's toddler school activity for the lesson, I wanted to make edible play dough instead. She had great fun playing with it, and then continued to snack on it for the next few days until it was gone. And now I don't have to worry about storing all those containers either! It's super easy to make, but it does have some common allergens as the main ingredients, so be careful if you will be sharing this or using it around any kids that may be sensitive.

The little frog I sculpted.
To see the letter activity, visit my post about it.

INGREDIENTS:
1 C powderedsugar
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/4 C honey

DIRECTIONS
Put all ingredients in a bowl (or container with an airtight lid), and mix until well combined. If it's too soft, add more sugar. Store in an airtight container. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment