Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Recipe: 2 Lasagna Recipes


I love lasagna. It is my favorite food in the whole world. This first recipe is the one I have made for years. It's the reason my husband fell in love with me (I don't think this is actually true, even though he always says it). The second recipe is for the lasagna I made in conjunction with my low-carb Almost Lasagna. It has a few changes, but I didn't eat any so I don't know how it compared to the other one. I'll have to ask my husband later.

Lasagna #1 (My internationally famous lasagna that has been loved for years)

INGREDIENTS
1 lb Italian sausage
1 can (28 oz) tomato/spaghetti sauce
9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 tub (15-16oz) ricotta cheese
1 egg
basil
1 1/2 lbs mozzarella cheese, shredded
parmesan

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Brown sausage; drain fat.
3. Combine ricotta cheese, egg, and basil (I never measure, but probably use 1/2 Tbsp - 1 Tbsp).
4. In a 9"x13" baking dish, layer in order: enough sauce to barely cover the bottom, three uncooked noodles, 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 sausage, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/2 of remaining sauce, three uncooked noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining sausage, 1/2 remaining mozzarella, three uncooked noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and bake for 30 minutes.

Lasagna #2 (first time trying, a little more diet friendly, still yummy though not as rich)

INGREDIENTS
1 lb lean ground beef
seasonings: fennel seed, oregano, thyme, crushed red pepper, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper
1 can (28 oz) tomato/spaghetti sauce
9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 C lowfat cottage cheese
1 C nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 egg
basil
1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded (you can use 1 1/2 if you want it cheesier)
parmesan

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350-degress Fahrenheit.
2. In a large skillet and 1/2" water, brown beef with spices. The amounts totally depend on your preferences. The fennel seed make it taste a bit like Italian sausage, the crushed pepper gives it some kick.
3. Combine cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, egg, and basil (I used about a heaping 1/2 Tbsp worth).
4. In a 9"x13" baking dish, layer in order: enough sauce to barely cover the bottom, three uncooked noodles, 1/2 cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 beef, 1/3 mozzarella, 1/2 of remaining sauce, three uncooked noodles, remaining cottage cheese mixture, remaining beef, 1/2 remaining mozzarella, three uncooked noodles, remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella. Sprinkle the top with parmesan and bake for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment