Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Cake Decorating Techniques

Royal icing, chocolate bowls, and sugar frosted fruit... The young women in my church needed a nice cake for one of their activities, and I was more than willing to do it for them. It has been almost 3 years since the last time I made a big, fancy cake. I wanted to try out some new techniques and started making the decorations a few days in advance. I was very pleased and excited about the final product!


I stacked two hexagon tiers, iced it with chocolate buttercream, adorned it with royal icing flowers and butterflies, and topped it with a chocolate bowl filled with sugar frosted berries.

See my tutorials for making chocolate bowls and sugar frosted fruit.

See my tutorials for making royal icing flowers and royal icing butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment