Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Recipe: Taco Salad


So my big challenge this week is finding meals that are easily adapted to fit Phase 1 of South Beach (without having to make my husband suffer with me). So here's a super easy fix: taco salad. While hubby had three carb-loaded tacos (20g carbs and 120 calories in each tortilla), I made a giant taco salad. You can't really tell from the picture, but that bowl is 9 inches across. This is what I put in there:

5 cups lettuce (mixture of red leaf and green leaf)
1/2 pound lean ground beef, browned and seasoned with taco seasoning
2 T salsa
1/8 C Greek yogurt
5 black olives
guacamole made from 1/6 avocado with lemon juice and garlic salt

I stirred it all up (about 100x less photographic at that point) and had one of the most filling dinners I've had in a while. I honestly think it would be fine with half the meat, but I've been counting calories (even though you don't have to on South Beach) and was worried that I was eating too little, so I added the extra meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment