Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tutorial: Chocolate Bowl

I apologize I don't have any step-by-step pictures (yet) for this one, but it's super easy!

Like the sugar-frosted fruit? See the tutorial here.

What you'll need: 
a small bowl
plastic wrap
a microwaveable bowl
chocolate chips
edible shimmer dust (optional)
decorating brush (optional)

Here's what you do:
1. Line the bowl with plastic wrap. Try to get out all the air between the plastic and the bowl so you can get the right shape.
2. Throw a handful of chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl. I didn't measure -- if you don't have enough, add more. If you have too much, you get to eat the extra :) Anyway, microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth and runny.
3. Pour chocolate into plastic-lined bowl. You may tilt the bowl to get the chocolate to spread, or just use a spatula (which is what I did). Allow to cool completely (I stuck mine in the fridge to speed up the process).
4. If you would like, use a decorating brush to apply edible shimmer dust to the outside of the bowl. I did this because I was using it as a cake topper. If you are just making these to serve ice cream in (a super good idea, if you ask me), you really don't need the shimmer dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment