Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Recipe: Low-Carb Summer Squash Pizza Crust


So Friday night, I made an amazing low-carb pizza with a cauliflower crust. Saturday night, my husband was in the mood for pizza again. We're kind of pizza fanatics. We have eaten entire large pizzas on more occasions than I can count or remember. (No wonder we've both gained so much weight since getting married!) Anyway, I didn't have more cauliflower, but even if I did, I wanted something that wasn't quite so time consuming. I found a bunch of recipes and decided to try to make a crust using a summer squash I had in the fridge. The crust turned out all right, but it was very soft and had to be eaten with a fork. Also, I tried to mimic the toppings I used on the cauliflower crust, but the flavors didn't work as well together. But I am going to try making this again using tomato sauce and mozzarella (instead of the cottage cheese sauce), and I think it will be really good then.


SUMMER SQUASH PIZZA CRUST

 INGREDIENTS
1 summer squash
2 eggs
oregano
thyme
salt
pepper
toppings

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Shred squash, lightly salt, and let sweat in a colander for 10 minutes. Place squash in a cotton kitchen towel and squeeze to remove excess moisture.


2. Combine squash with eggs and seasonings and pour into a greased pie pan. Bake 5-6 minutes, until eggs are set on top.
3. Add your toppings and return to oven for 5 minutes. Let stand 1 minute before cutting and serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment