Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Activity: Mess-Free Painting

Can mess-free painting really exist? Yes! And my little girl had so much fun doing this for a Valentine's Day activity.



You'll need a closeable disposable box, paper shapes, craft paint, an applicator item (either disposable or something you don't mind washing paint off of), newspaper, and tape. Here's what you do:

Cut out shapes to be painted (we did hearts for Valentine's Day) and tape to the inside of a shoe box or similar container with enough space for an item to move around inside.

Add craft paint to the box -- it should not actually touch any of the paper.

Add applicator item(s). I loved the foil ball because it made cool patterns and I just threw it away when we were done. The little candle made some cool marks too, but I think I would have been fine with just the foil.

Tape the box closed and shake. Shake, shake, shake.

Shake more.

Open up the box and see your pretty painted shapes!


Lay them out on newspaper (or scrap paper) to dry. They all turned out different and beautiful. And my daughter was so excited to show everyone her Valentines (especially her daddy!)
Close Ups:





No comments:

Post a Comment