Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recipe: Cheez-It Chicken


This is one of my husband's favorite dishes, and I have to admit, it is pretty tasty. So I heard the idea of this somewhere, but I came up with the recipe that I use (which is why there aren't really any measurements...) I served this with some brown rice and roasted asparagus.

Ingredients:
boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 per person)
flour (I used wheat, but I don't think it makes a huge difference)
sour cream
Cheez-Its, or any other cheese cracker

Directions: 
1)Preheat oven to 350 (F). Spray a baking dish or cooking sheet with cooking spray.
2)Put some flour in a shallow dish; put some sour cream in another shallow dish, and stir so that it is smooth and "liquid" (where it spreads out instead of sitting in a clump).
3)Crush crackers. You don't need super fine crumbs, but the smaller the are, the easier they stick to the chicken. Place in a separate shallow dish.
3)Dredge chicken in flour, making sure to get all sides; put in sour cream and cover all sides; roll in cracker crumbs until covered. Place on baking dish. Repeat for all chicken pieces.
4)Bake about 30 minutes, or until center of chicken is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment