Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Recipe: Feijoada



Feijoada is a staple in our home because it was the first thing Jeffrey and I ever cooked together (on our very first date). It's super easy, and delicious! Everyone makes theirs a little differently, just depending on their preferences and what they have on hand, but this is my go-to recipe. The measurements don't really matter, but I put them in there to give you an idea. I always serve this with rice and farofa (which I find at specialty international stores), but I added some green bell pepper this time to add some color and healthiness.

Ingredients:
2 cans black beans
1/4 package polska kielbasa (or some other tube sausage that comes bent in an oval-like shape)
slice salt pork, or thick bacon
garlic salt

Directions:
1)Cook salt pork (or bacon) in a pan, drain fat (unless you are my husband and want to keep the fat in...)
2)Rinse and drain beans. Pour beans in pot and add about 1/2 can water.
3)Cut up sausage (it should come pre-cooked) and add sausage and salt pork to pot. Season with garlic salt (our you could add garlic and salt separately to get the proportion you like).
4)Cook until water boils out and serve. (See, I told you it was super easy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment