Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Friday, October 21, 2011

Recipe: Honey-Peanut Butter Cookies


So I signed up to bring a treat to a church activity tonight. But then I realized that I didn't have any white sugar. Or butter. And Jeffrey took the car to school today. So I was looking through my cupboards and scouring the internet for something I could make with what I had on hand and I found this recipe for Honey-Peanut Butter Cookies. I replaced the white sugar with brown sugar (one of the comments said someone had tried it and it worked great) and added a splash of vanilla. Other than that, I just followed this recipe. These cookies are so good!

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup honey
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, mix shortening, peanut butter and honey. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to peanut butter mixture and mix well.
  2. Roll into 1- to 1-1/2-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in flour. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment