Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Monday, October 3, 2011

Recipe: Angel Hair with Cauliflower and Parmesan


So I started watching The Chew, and it is definitely my new favorite show. So one day they made Angel Hair with Cauliflower and Parmesan, and I decided it looked so amazing, I wanted to try it out myself. I made a few changes, based on what I had and what sounded good to me. It turned out so good, I think it is one of my new favorite dishes. You can follow the link to the original recipe, but this is what I did. (My recipe is for a single, but quite large, serving.) Also, when I made this for my husband, I added some grilled chicken to the mix. He really liked having the meat in it, but I think it's great without it.

Ingredients:
2 oz. whole wheat spaghetti noodles (1 serving)
salt (optional)
1 T olive oil
1 C chopped cauliflower
1/2 C sliced mushrooms
4 green olives, sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 C spinach
1 T Parmesan

Directions:
1)Cook pasta according to package (I add salt to my water).
2)Meanwhile, saute cauliflower and mushrooms in oil. Add olives, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
3)One minute before pasta is done cooking, add about 1/4 C water from pasta pot to the saute pan. Drain the rest of the water and add the noodles to the pan. Add spinach and cook until water boils out.
4)Sprinkle with Parmesan and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment