Please be patient while I make this blog pretty and add more content.
Take a look at my Etsy shop to see what items I have for sale:
www.createdbykelli.etsy.com

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Recipe: Best Cheesecake Ever

I'm going to be making this on Sunday, and it took me forever to find the recipe so I decided I'd post it on here so it won't be so hard to find it next time. Anyway, I originally got it off the Raskas cream cheese box (so no, I am not claiming any involvement in the creation of this magnificent recipe, though I changed a few things and am giving you my version here). The original recipe calls for double the amounts, which is perfect for a 10" springform pan, or two regular 9" pie pans (like the disposable kind that comes with the graham cracker crust already made for you!). Since I'm going to cheat and buy the crust, and since I don't think we need to be eating so many calories, I'm just going to make one 9" cake using the following recipe.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2/3 C sugar
1 t vanilla
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Prepare pan with crust (sometimes I make a graham cracker crust, but I usually cheat and buy one that comes in the tin).
2. Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla; set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Blend in egg mixture and sour cream.
4. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Turn oven off and leave cake in oven with door ajar for one more hour. Cool 1 hour at room temperature; chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment