So one time Jeffrey and I went to Olive Garden and he got a chicken in white wine sauce. We decided to try to recreate it (sans wine, because neither of us wanted to buy any, even though we know it cooks out). So I found this recipe for Chicken in Garlic White Wine Cream Sauce. We made it pretty much the same way as the recipe, except we cut up the chicken, omitted the mushrooms (because Jeffrey doesn't like them), substituted gingerale for the wine, and didn't use Worcestershire sauce, because we never remember to buy it. I served it over whole wheat noodles, with lemon pepper-roasted asparagus. Anyway, the recipe is for 4 servings.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 T olive oil
1/2 C onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
5-6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C butter
1/4 C white wine (or gingerale!)
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 pint cream (heavy or light)
salt and pepper
1 t basil
1 t parsley
- Lightly brown both sides of chicken in olive oil.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and butter and saute about 4-5 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
- Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Lower heat and add cream, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
- Too high of heat will cause the cream to curdle.
- Simmer on low 20-25 minutes until done.